The Government was committed to ensuring that the NEET UG re-test scheduled on June 21st would be 100% error-free: Pradhan
New Delhi: The Government was committed to ensuring that the NEET UG re-test scheduled on June 21st would be 100% error-free, said Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
Speaking at the Jagran Bharat Education Conclave 2026 on Friday he said that tough decisions were taken after irregularities were detected in the medical entrance examination. He also said that the authorities did not want even a single deserving student to lose a seat because of the examination mafia.
Around 22 lakh students have suffered mental anguish because of the controversy, he said. The NEET (Undergraduate) for admissions in medical courses held on May 3rd was cancelled by the NTA recently amid allegations of paper leak. The matter is being probed by the CBI and a re-test is scheduled to be held on June 21st, he said.
The Government decided to cancel the examination after finding that some assessments had been compromised, he said. We are facing criticism and challenges, and I accept that. But it is our responsibility to set the system right. It is not our duty to shut our eyes and turn away from the problem, he added.